Your audio guide to Banská Štiavnica
Our Smart Guide offers walk of about an hour that includes the best sights in town (excluding the Calvary) with audio commentary and photos. The tour features 18 stops with interesting facts about each site. The walk begins and ends at Holy Trinity Square in the city centre.
After downloading the application and map, you do not need an internet connection. The application currently works only on Android. An iPhone version will be available soon.
How does it work?
The application displays the route on a map with various Points of Interest. When you approach within 10 m of a Point of Interest, the voice-over will start automatically. You can also start it manually by clicking the point on the map. Clicking the small disc in the upper right corner of the map shows your current position.
1. Holy Trinity square, Plague Column, Berggericht
2. Jozef Kollár Gallery
3. Old Castle
4. City Hall
5. St. Catherine Church
6. Evangelic Church
7. Knocking tower Klopačka
8. Church of Our Lady of the Snows
9. Piarg gate
10. New Castle
11. Jewish cemetery
14. Kammerhof Museum
15. Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
16. Mining Academy and Botanical Garden
Download the Guide here
- Connect your mobile phone to Wi-Fi or mobile data
- Visit Google Play
- Enter “SmartGuide”
- Download the SmartGuide application
- Enter the code 00017 for Banská Štiavnica in English
- Enter the code 00016 for Banska Stiavnica in Slovak
- After loading start the guide
The book, Exploring Beautiful Banská Štiavnica & Region is also an even more in-depth guide of the wider area. Ask for it in your accommodation facility, in the Tourist Information Centre at Holy Trinity square, or any tobacco shop, bookstore or souvenir shop.